2nd African Training Week in Athens
From the 20th to the 24th January 2020, the 2nd African Training Week took place in Athens, co-organized by the University of Piraeus, the University of Western Attica and the non- profit Youthmakers Hub.
Six academic and administrative staff, coming from African educational institutions, were briefed on mobility opportunities between universities, discussed the possibilities of European funding programs such as Erasmus+ and also explored opportunities for collaborating with each other. As part of their visit to Athens, Youthmakers Hub had developed a daily schedule of visits and meetings with stakeholders.
• On Monday 20/1, a networking meeting with the non-governmental organization Cosmos of Culture was held.
• On Tuesday 21/1, the participants enjoyed their free time in Athens.
• On Wednesday 22/1, a guided tour around the city center was organized.
• On Thursday 23/1, the academic and administrative staff participated in study visits organized in collaboration with Panteion University and the University of Peloponnese and then they attended a presentation of the Hellenic American College.
• The final evaluation meeting was held on Friday, 24/12, at the Youthmakers Hub office, followed by a tour of the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center. Participants were given commemorative titles and certificates of participation. They received goodbye gifts at the farewell party in the office of Youthmakers Hub.
The Universities Staff left Greece expressing their wish to repeat similar actions and to strengthen the cooperation created.